Your time is valuable….but so is mine.
Your needs are important….but so are mine.
Being a small business owner I see, all too often, people forgetting that their own time is not more important than another’s. Cancelled appointments and no shows…not just me but many other small business owners and self employed professionals dealing with this. The appointments are made and the time is allotted for that client. Any needed preparation is made for the clients needs. Then you wait….and wait. You call to see it they got lost….they forgot or something else came up…”sorry”. Many professionals require deposits or payment in full when the appointment is booked but some…myself included… prefer to give the clients the benefit of the doubt that they will be responsible adults.
- Please try and remember when you are unable to make a scheduled time with a professional that they do have other clients too. Maybe another client needed that time you booked…but they were told the time was already taken.
- Please try and remember that a small business may be operating day to day and lost income…yes your missed appointment is lost income….can hurt quite a bit. You may think that your one appointment won’t make a difference…it does. Rescheduling or giving the professional the opportunity to fill the slot is important.
- Please try and remember that many of the professionals have taken time to prepare for your appointment…it’s not just the time they spend with you.
- Please try and remember that the professional may even worry when you aren’t there on time that you got lost or worse. They do care.
- Please try and remember that they respect your time and would call you ASAP if they had to change anything.
- Please remember above all that the professionals time is just as important as yours.
It’s simple…..call ahead of time if you can’t make it so the time can be filled with another client. Reschedule another time….we don’t mind.
- Please remember to also remember the client’s time is just as important as yours. Don’t rush through the appointment to get to the next one. Allow enough time in between icase the client needs a bit more and to catch your breath so you’re not rushing into the next one already frazzled.
- Please remember to treat your client with respect & compassion. They are seeing you because they have a need.
- Please remember to be honest & fair with your client if you want them to return or spread the word how awesome you are.
We need each other. And we need to respect each other. Small business & self employed professionals can’t survive without the clients and they offer things that large business & franchise can’t offer the clients…..compassion, one on one full attention, genuine caring & much more.