Your time is valuable….but so is mine.
Your needs are important….but so are mine.
Being a small business owner I see, all too often, people forgetting that their own time is not more important than another’s. Cancelled appointments and no shows…not just me but many other small business owners and self employed professionals dealing with this. The appointments are made and the time is allotted for that client. Any needed preparation is made for the clients needs. Then you wait….and wait. You call to see it they got lost….they forgot or something else came up…”sorry”. Many professionals require deposits or payment in full when the appointment is booked but some…myself included… prefer to give the clients the benefit of the doubt that they will be responsible adults.
- Please try and remember when you are unable to make a scheduled time with a professional that they do have other clients too. Maybe another client needed that time you booked…but they were told the time was already taken.
- Please try and remember that a small business may be operating day to day and lost income…yes your missed appointment is lost income….can hurt quite a bit. You may think that your one appointment won’t make a difference…it does. Rescheduling or giving the professional the opportunity to fill the slot is important.
- Please try and remember that many of the professionals have taken time to prepare for your appointment…it’s not just the time they spend with you.
- Please try and remember that the professional may even worry when you aren’t there on time that you got lost or worse. They do care.
- Please try and remember that they respect your time and would call you ASAP if they had to change anything.
- Please remember above all that the professionals time is just as important as yours.
It’s simple…..call ahead of time if you can’t make it so the time can be filled with another client. Reschedule another time….we don’t mind.
- Please remember to also remember the client’s time is just as important as yours. Don’t rush through the appointment to get to the next one. Allow enough time in between icase the client needs a bit more and to catch your breath so you’re not rushing into the next one already frazzled.
- Please remember to treat your client with respect & compassion. They are seeing you because they have a need.
- Please remember to be honest & fair with your client if you want them to return or spread the word how awesome you are.
We need each other. And we need to respect each other. Small business & self employed professionals can’t survive without the clients and they offer things that large business & franchise can’t offer the clients…..compassion, one on one full attention, genuine caring & much more.
Please excuse the video quality…I’m working with a new app to record. The sound (which is the important part here) quality is good but the video freezes up now and then…just keep listening! This is important so PLEASE PLEASE listen and then SHARE!
Here’s a link to the site where you can see the numbers for your own state:http://www.homelesschildrenamerica.org/
This blog has been blessed by being nominated for this special award by Maria Wind Talker – https://bearfootconnections.wordpress.com a wonderful blog where you can always find insight, inspiration, warmth and welcome. I am so grateful to have been thought of for this award and that the blogs I share have been recognised in this way, many thanks.
Now to the rules of this event:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
3. Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire, and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog
Now one and two have been completed, here’s number 3:
1. I started my journey in England and the was moved to the States at age 7 .
2. I have 3 wonderful children i’m quite proud of & 4, soon to be 5, grandchildren.
3. I have my Master degree in Reiki.
4. I own a holistic center where we provide so many wonderful services & gifts.
5. I currently have 2 pets….an adorable black kitty named Onyx & a beautiful cornsnake named Carnelian.
6. I also love to share my intuitive gifts to provide guidance & direction.
7. I am completely addicted to coffee…..I live on it 🙂
Now number 4…..to nominate some beautiful blogs for this award:
When was the last time you gave a smile or compliment to a complete stranger? When was the last time you received a smile or compliment from a complete stranger? When was the last time you (for those with children) remember letting the kids run around the neighborhood to play…knowing that the neighbors would all keep an eye out on them? How about even hearing about a community coming together to help one of their own through a crisis?
Community has changed so much. We used to not even hesitate to smile or compliment a stranger or flinch when we received any. Now it seems as if people assume you must either want something from them or are a touch out of your mind! We used to work together as a community to watch over each other and our children….now if you correct somebodies child to protect or teach them safety you have an angry parent on your hands! Now communities are more just a group of individuals keeping to themselves.
There are still some amazing people out there that reach out to strangers, not afraid to watch over others children or pets and not afraid to be there to support neighbors going through a crisis….but you just don’t hear about it as much anymore. It’s such a shame that todays society has become so “me” oriented. One day things will come full circle and we’ll need to come together and work as a community again to survive. Don’t wait for that day…start practicing now so you’re ready! Reach out to a stranger….smile or say something nice…even if they look at you like you have 3 heads! Just do it….it feels good and who knows….we just start a new craze 🙂